STDs / STIs Community

Perianal ulcer. Syphilis?

I have a perianal ulcer at 6 o'clock. It's almost 1×1cm, pinkish in color and painful to touch. It came two weeks ago. I am a 23 yo male. I went to see my GP who asked me to see a surgeon because he thought it was an anal fissure.The surgeon prescribed me Augmentin 625mg twice a day for 5 days. And lidocaine+fucidin cream (fusidic acid) to apply on the rectum and the ulcer. I have been doing that but the ulcer doesn't seem to heal. Also, Augmentin has given me diarrhea in the past so I was not very satisfied with his prescription. About 5-6 days after the ulcer developed, I got a few itchy bumps on my tailbone area/just at the top end of the crack. They are flesh colored and very itchy. I went back to the doctor and insisted that I feared it could be an STD. Syphilis or genital herpes? I have also been feeling fatigued/lazy for about 3-4 days now. I insisted that I wanted to get tested for these STDs and resultantly he got me tested for Syphilis (VDRL/RPR: Non-reactive and TPHA Titre <1:80)

Do I need to get retested to confirm? Also, is the TPHA also an efficient/effective test like the TPPA?
I am in Pakistan right now and I am not satisfied with the doctors that I have seen. Please suggest. It's taking an emotional toll on me and causing me a lot of worry/stress.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, yes both are good tests and would confirm you dont have syphilis also the anal area is not a place for a syphilis sore but more the genital area. It would appear its more of a hemorhid if its on the inside of you anus.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.