STDs / STIs Community

Please help - possible gonorrhea/chlamydia

So I am in a 3-month relationship in which I have unprotected sex...I was tested but my partner was not. I guess I trusted him enough to believe he is STD-free (I know, not smart).  I did not have any problems or symptoms until two days ago. Unfortunately, I was unfaithful just one time with an ex-boyfriend. We were completely protected the whole time and he did not ejaculate. I am probably paranoid because he is promiscuous and gave me chlamydia many years ago after unprotected sex. Anyway, I had myself tested 7 full days after protected sex with the ex-boyfriend. Everything came back negative.  But literally a few hours after the test, I started developing symptoms (itching, slight burning, soreness). I went to urgent care today and they gave me medication for bacterial vaginosis, and said there is bacteria, blood, and mucus in my urine. I am guessing it's a urinary tract infection, but the doctor said I should really be tested for chlamydia/gonorrhea again. He said that 7 days may have been too early. Of course, I know I may be at risk from my actual boyfriend (more likely), but my question is strictly about the exposure I had with the promiscuous ex-boyfriend...since it was protected and I waited a full 7 days, isn't that pretty reliable for the chlamydia/gonorrhea test?  I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you.
If it was protected sex in my heart I feel you should be ok for Chlymidia etc.

I am a male and got it from an ex- g/f and with no symptoms gave it to someone months later.

I would get tested and be honest with your b/f and ask him if he would get tested as well.

I'm not going to preach too you, but seems you knew ex-b/f gets around and previously infected you, just curious to why sleep with him?

I just recently found out I was exposed to genital herpes and warts. Waiting on results but knowing someone knew they had it and never told me they had it angers me.
Protected sex-no real risk and 7 days is fine for testing for chlamydia.
Yes, it was stupid of me to sleep with that guy again after I know his history. So I am sure I'm also feeling a TON of anxiety because of guilt. However, knowing my current boyfriend, I do not think it's a good idea to mention anything to him about cheating, and I will not specifically mention chlamydia/gonorrhea unless I have it.  But yes, saying we both should get tested together is a good idea.  Best of luck with your tests, I really hope it turns out okay for you!
Thank you for your comment.  I know people say things like "condoms only reduce the risk," but if it didn't break, I really don't see how I could have gotten chlam/gono from the guy.  If I have any STDs they more likely came from my boyfriend that I've been having unprotected sex with. I should get the results soon, fingers crossed.
That reduced risk line that is used is because of broken condoms and being conservative. You can get herpes and HPV with a condom use but something like gonorrhea and/or chlamydia while not impossible is very unlikely.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.