STDs / STIs Community

Possible Chlamydia?

I went to planned parenthood yesterday because I had symptoms of bacterial vaginosis. The gyn did a swab test and she confirmed that it was indeed bacterial vaginosis. She then told me that I had a high white blood cell count and she was concerned that I may have chlamydia. Shes said shes gonna test me for chlamydia and that I should have the test results in 3-4 days. She prescribed medication for both the bv and chlamydia and I've only taken the one for bv bc I want to wait for my results. I've only had 2 partners and about 3 months ago I tested negative for chlamydia.  Is it possible that the bv is the reason for the  high white blood cells count?
I believe that could be the case but she was also right to test you for chlamydia.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.