STDs / STIs Community

Possible autoinoculation of genital herpes?

For the past two months, I've been getting redness and burning/itching on my outer labia that comes and goes along with slightly itchy red bumps on my buttocks - I've never had any sexual contact but I do get frequent cold sores and it just so happens that I get the cold sores at the same time I get this genital irritation. I don't have any noticeable bumps on my labia and the bumps on my buttocks don't really look like blisters, but I know that genital herpes is sometimes mild like this. Do you think I have genital herpes? I don't know what else it could be, especially because it comes and goes at the same times that the oral herpes does.
I should also say that although I don't get blisters on my labia, I do get tingling in specific spots before the irritation spreads all over the genital area.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.