STDs / STIs Community

Possible syphilis chancre on outer buttock?

On August 25 (little over three weeks ago) I had a sexual encounter with a man. I received a blowjob from him and he tried penetrating me, but apparently couldn't get hard enough. So I gave him a handjob and let him finish.

About a week ago, I noticed a painful, deep, under the skin red bump (basically like a pimple, though I'm hesitant to call it that) on my buttock, not near the butt crack area. I picked at it quite hard, hoping to pop it (I know, I'm an idiot), but that didn't work out and I left it.

A few days later an open sore broke out on it, mostly painless to the touch. Looks like this (https://d2dct7y3250e4n.cloudfront.net/ht-staging/user_answer/avatars/754905/large/open-uri20121219-11670-13oa0sr.jpeg?1355979758)

I am worried this might be a syphilis chancre, although it does not have firm borders and is not hard.

Very nervous about this.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, syphilis chancres are not under the skin but are topical so you should not be overly worried. If your concerned have a doc take a look.
Thanks for responding!

Right, so it started out as a deep, under the skin painful red bump, but within a few days (and with me picking at it badly) it broke out into an open sore, topical as you say. That still not a problem?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I cant confirm any diagnoses from this web site but as i said the chance is topical not under the skin..
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.