STDs / STIs Community

Preforming Oral on Antibiotics

I am a female and about 7 days ago I went to the clinic for Strep Throat and received antibiotics (Penicillin V). The swollen throat, and white spots are gone. I feel absolutely fine, but I just have to finish the pills to the end as prescribed.
I was wondering if I can preform Oral sex on my boyfriend? I know the antibiotics kills all bacteria (good and bad) so do i run a greater risk of getting it again (or something else) if I do it now?
and If i do, how long to wait til I can?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, taking antibiotics have no effect on sexual activity.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.