STDs / STIs Community

Rash

I had unprotected sex about 6 months ago, I never received a chancre at all but i have been getting a rash over my arm for the past few weeks. It comes and goes but does not itch. Is this a sign of syphilis? Also if not what does the Syphilis rash look like?

thanks
do a google search...it typically ocurs on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet but can ocur in other places also. It also can vary in appearance so don't rule it out if the pics don;'t look like yours. But most pictures I found look like a symmetrial rash of small circles (copper or reddish color). Why not go and get tested. That's the only sure-fire way to know, especially since syphilis is commonly referred to as the "great imitator" --self explanatory. I also stress that if it is a syphilis rash (which is probably isn't), you would be at the secondary syphilis stage (beyond a chanker), so you need to take appropriate treatment if it is. Do yourself a favor and just get tested...either way you will be at ease (if positive, get treated and feel better--if negative, you can really rest easy)
You could also be developing excema or psoriasis.  So, just get tested to be sure.  Rashes after unprotected sex do not always mean std.
As i say i have had no chancre appear, the rash that comes on my forearms appears for about 15-30 minutes then dissapears and is small red pin prick dots in appearance.....

I have had no other symptoms what so ever. Do you think this could almost definatly write off HIV and Syphilis? I will get tested anyway but just want some assurance.
A rash on your arm is highly unlikely to be std related .

It's been 6 months - if you are concerned about the encounter, why have you not already followed up on it with appropriate testing?

grace
Guess i have been nervous Grace

But you say a rash that appears maybe once every few days for a roughly 30 minute span on the underneath of my forearm is most likely not related....yes?
oh my - something that occurs like that -isn't even worth much worrying about let alone thinking that it's syphilis!!!!!

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.