STDs / STIs Community

Raw skin after Molluscum contagiosum normal??

Im a 19 year old male and i was diagnosed with Molluscum Contagiosum about 5 months ago on my genitals. I used Aldara cream which got rid of most of them and im basically clear of them however now on the shaft of my penis there is a spot where the skin is very raw looking. i put polysporin on it to help it heal. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was normal after having Molluscum.

Thanks for your time.
How long after you stopped the aldara did you get this spot?

grace
I ahd to get two doses of Aldara creme and im just finishing the second batch now.
it's most likely from the aldara. Give it a few days and it'll probably go away. It's ok to put a barrier cream on it like desitin, a&d or even vaseline to help protect the irritated skin.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.