Received Blowjob and on Medicine. What Next? Testing?

I am a married man who recently received a blowjob from a man I met on Craigslist.

This man gave me a blowjob and I did ejaculate in his mouth. Also, I am currently taking 200mg of doxy/day prescribed by my dermatologist for adult acne.

Two questions:
1- does the incident put me at risk for an STD/STI, specifically gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphillis?
2- should I get tested and cease having sex with my wife?
3- I know the doxycycline won't impact the test itself, but will it make it difficult to test accurately or would it even prevent or have already treated infection?

Thank you so much for your time/response
Also, I was taking the doxycycline at the time of the encounter as well
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi unprotected oral sex is a risk for gono, syphilis and herpes and since your married testing would be recommended for her protection at the correct window period and abstaining with your wife would also be advised. The reason being we dont know how many people he is doing this with and if hes on a web site could be many and the more the bigger risk. The meds would inpact the test and different meds are for differnt infections and there are not meds for herpes.

Gono--7 days
syphilis--6  weeks
herpes---3 months
Life360_Dave,  Thank you for the response... I had been searching the internet for information prior to your post. Can you help me reconcile your response with Dr Handsfield's below:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/oral-sex-question/show/2159728

H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

We get frequent questions about STD/HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The consistent answer is that oral sex can be considered safe sex, because of generally low risks for all STDs and zero risk for some. Sometimes this seems to conflict with other advice, perhaps especially in settings where social or religious conservatism influence school based and other education that tend to inflate the risks associated with sex of any kind.  But the fact is that even among the most sexually active people with multiple partners (including sex workers), most have no transmissible oral STDs; and that the vast majority of oral sex events do not lead to any STD.  Accordingly, we almost never recommend STD testing after any single oral sex exposure unless there are symptoms, or sometimes if the partner is known to be infected.  We also generally recommend that people with such exposures can safely continue their normal sexual practices with their regular partners.  While of course there can be no guarantees along these lines, in general the risk is low enough that it shouldn't be a serious worry.

These issues are discussed in more detail in the threads below (one of which contains links to still other threads) -- and go into more detail about specific STDs related to oral sex.  Please take a look at them.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Need-Education-Regarding-Oral-Sex-HIV-STD-Infection-Chances/show/1721189

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/risk-assessment/show/1999445

As for your symptoms, they are not suggestive of any STD.  Your use of "blue balls" suggests you already understand that genital area pain sometimes follows sex, without meaning any significant disease.  If your symptoms persist or you otherwise remain concerned, see a doctor or clinic.  But the chance you have any STD from this exposure is very, very low.

I hope these comments have been helpful.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Apr 26, 2014
COMMUNITY LEADER
no time but what i wrong would advise testing for your wifes protection
JCash, men often times show no symptoms of infection and woman also have a much higher chance of getting an std from a man. Is it likely you got an std from your single exposure? No. Could you have? Yes. Do you really want to pass something to your wife? I recieved oral from a stripper the very next day I told my wife and got tested a few weeks out. I did end up with an std (NGU) but I couldn't risk exposing my innocent wife to something because I was a douche. We moved past it and are doing great. What you do is up to you but you owe it to your wife to at least get tested

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.