STDs / STIs Community

Red bumps?....

Dr.,
I gave my boyfriend oral sex the other day. That night I had a sore throat and it hurt to swallow. I have little red dots in a horizontal pattern just before the uvula in my throat. They are sort of on the roof of my mouth but back further.   ?    He claimed that he had a scratchy throat before that ever happened. I'm afraid it is an STD. I don't know much about STDs at all and I am seeking help.. Am I just freaking out or is it really something I need to be worried about. I have not taken any tests.

RER
You would not notice any STD symptoms that quick. My advice is to see a Dr for the throat if concerned and both you and bf get tested for STD's before having sex.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.