STDs / STIs Community

Red spots / rash on penis end

5 weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex from a female csw in the uk.  I've been to gum clinic and had tests done which came back negative. I've still got to have a 6 week syphilis and HIV test done again.

I've had body aches and a chesty cold for the last week or so.

Suddenly today I have a red spotty rash on the tip of my penis and I also noticed some cloudy discharge from my penis. My groin now aches too.

Can anyone please help me work out what this might be please?

Mike.
It seems the anxiety is getting to you.  If you had your testing done at least a week after the encounter, then it is conclusive.
Thanks for your reply.

The rash on my penis end is real and appeared quite suddenly. It's quite itchy and is really worrying me.

Any help would be really appreciated.

mike
Hi 2terrified

Thanks again for your reply.  You are right about me being stressed and worried about things.

The rash is real though and only appeared yesterday.  It is quite itchy with red patches on my penis head.  Do you think that this could be balanitis?  I agree with you about the testing and it doesn't fit the description for syphilis.

My arms and neck glands have been really aching though over the last few days.  They seem to be a little better today.  This sudden rash is freaking me out though so any light you can shed on it would be really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mike.

according to your prior post on this forum, you've had this rash since the encounter.

odds are this is a fungal infection. they are very common in males and it's the first thing I thought of in your original post when I read it.

please just keep adding to your post and not making a new one each time. it really saves us time and helps us help you more. this is discussed in our read before posting post on this forum if you've never read it yet.

you have a cold - that's why your arms and neck glands are achy dear.

grace
Hi grace

thanks for your reply.  Sorry for starting a 2nd post.

I did have some red marks since the encounter but the rash I have now appeared suddenly yesterday. I hope you are right about the fungal infection but my groin aches too.

Do you think that I should use some anti fungal cream on it?

mike
you can either try some antifungal cream or go and be seen again.

grace
Hi Grace

Thanks again for your reply.  I have used some antifungal cream and aqueous moisturiser and the itching has eased.  I'm due back at the GUM clinic next week so will ask them to look at it then.

When I was tested I'm sure that the doctor said HSV2 (came out negative after 2 week period) so I'm assuming that they wouldn't have tested for HSV1 which I've read can be passed from oral to genital infection.  Do you think that this would appear long before the 5 week mark after my encounter if it was going to happen?

Thanks again,

Mike.
yes it would've.

grace
Thanks again Grace.
Hi Grace,

I'm hoping for some help again.

As per my earlier posts, 9 weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex from a csw.  It's not something I've done before and will never do it again.  I've been and had tests for most STIs done and they have come back negative.  

My real concern is herpes now.  For the past 2 weeks I have had pain in my groin and inner thighs.  Like a burning pain.  It's not always there and sometimes is much worse than others.  2 weeks later I have now developed a rash on the top of my penis again - a bit like before.  This is eased if I use Aqueous cream to moisturise it.  

I've been given some Aciclovir tablets by my GUM clinic as a precaution.  They were concerned about the groin pains. Swab tests were done again but it's going to be a little while before the results come back for these.

I've not seen any of the 'commonly expected' lesions of herpes appearing on my penis.  I guess my main questions are would the pains in my groin appear before lesions or should they appear after lesions have appeared?  And, is herpes likely to appear 9 weeks after a possible infection?

I'd really appreciate your help and advice as I am really worried and scared now.

Thanks,

Mike.
did they do any testing on your rash or just give you the acyclovir?

grace
Hi Grace,

Thanks for your very speedy reply.

They did swab tests and have sent these away for analysis.  I was also given some Daktacort cream as the doctor also thought that it may be Thrush related.

The pains in my groin are not always at the same level of pain.  Sometimes I don't notice it and other times I really feel it.

I'm hoping that it is Thrush and not herpes.

Thanks again,

Mike.
Hi grace

the doctor at the gum clinic gave me the acyclovir after I had told her about the pains in my groin and thighs, and tender pubic area. she did say it was precautionery.  

I think what I'm trying to understand is whether herpes lesions come before groin pain or not.  If they come after goin pain, then how quickly do they follow?  I've had the groin pains for at least 2 weeks now maybe longer than that.

I hope you can offer some good advice.

Thanks again

mike
it's not likely it's herpes. I was actually thinking fungal myself as I was reading your post.

grace
I'm really hoping it's fungal grace.  Do groin pains preceed a primary herpes outbreak grace? I worked out that I've had the groin pains for nearer 4 weeks. In the first week or so it was my underarms aching more - whilst I had my chest infection. Thanks again, mike.
Hi grace

sorry if it seems like I'm hassling you!

I just wanted to know what your opinion was on the groin pains that I am suffering from. Do they preceed a primary outbreak? If so what's the usual timeline? Or would they appear afterwards?
Do herpes sores hurt? The rash on the end of my penis (so far) doesn't hurt now.

I hope to hear backfrom you soon.

Thanks again

mike
An update...

The redness on the end of my penis now looks worse having put Daktacort on it.  I'm suffering from pains in my inner/upper thighs between my groin.

I'm really scared its herpes.  Any info to the contrary would be really appreciated.

Mike
Hi Grace,

Sorry to bug you.  Is Daktacort supposed to ease the burning feeling at the end of my penis as it seems to be doing the opposite at the moment.

I'll stop chasing you now... :)

Mike
Did you read the American Holiday and posting sticky?  We are all volunteers and respond on our own time.  This weekend is a big holiday weekend and we have families and other things going on.  Some patience would be appreciated.  When Grace is available to respond, she will.  She is very good about that.  Just give her time.  If she does not respond by Tuesday, just come back to your post and type a "bump" response.  I just happen to be on the computer a lot and answer questions while I am doing other things so it looks like I am on a lot.
Hi 2Terrified

Really sorry - I wasn't trying to chase Grace for an answer.  She's been really helpful to me with earlier posts.

Apologies again, I didn't see the American Holiday posting. I'm from the UK and the holiday is such a big thing here.

My concerns and worries are taking centre stage in my life at the moment so I'm sorry if my posts came across a little pushy - they weren't meant to.

You both do a great job and you time and help is really appreciated.

Mike
I do work too sometimes....lol.

give this some time to heal. it really doesn't sound like herpes going on. if it's fungal, it might take a full week of applying the cream before you see a real difference even.

grace
Hi Grace

thanks for your reply - sorry if my posting seemed like I was chasing you. They weren't meant that way :)

I hope you are right about it not sounding lke herpes. I will keep applying the daktacort cream.

Any thoughts though on what could be causing my groin / inner thigh pain? It has that burning pain sensation that plenty of online info attributes to herpes.

Thanks again for your help and for replying back to my post.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

mike
assuming advanced yoga positions to see your genital area from all angles will lead to pain too ....he he he

same with when we have pain in the genitals, we automatically tighten muscles we typically don't tighten all the time. that too can cause us some trouble.

relax and only look at your penis when you apply the ointment and see if that helps :)

grace
Hi grace, thanks for your reply. Trustme, advanced yoga is not something I'm capable of even on a good day :) .  I will try to relax but the pain and the stress don't make that very easy...!
The rash doesn't seem to have changed over the last couple of days - I'm assuming that's a good thing. If it was herpes I'm assuming that it would have developed into something more like lesions over the course of the week that I have suffered from it.  I'll keep applying the cream and stop standing on my head, yoga style, over examinig things... :). .  Thanks again grace, mike.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.