STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

**Red ulcer in mouth, lymph node one side, ear pain, cough**

Hi There. I am recently into a new relationship w/ a women who just got out of a 3 yr relationship and assured me she is clean and gets regular check-ups. About 11 days ago I performed oral to vagina and we had intercrouse. To note, I have been heavy weekend drinking and getting no sleep for the past 3 weeks and it's been wearing me down. I also have had swimmer's ear trouble in the past........ earlier this week i had a fever for 2 nights, along w/ night sweats. those are now gone. now, i have a mostly dry cough, one lymph node on the side of face which i have ear pain (small, but if i feel close enough it's tender), some canker sores in my mouth which kinda hurt, and, which seemed to come overnight, a somewhat bigger red, shallow (not raised at all, quite the opposite), irregular-shaped mouth ulcer on my gums which hurts when i eat. when i brush my tongue across it, it doesn't hurt, but it's pretty smooth. it's also right above this tooth that's been giving me some problem over the years with cavity / filling, etc. and i don't think it's filled correctly...... Is this any type of canker sore or STD, or seem dental related, or maybe like a tooth or ear infection??? PLEASE let me know your thoughts!!!!!! I've been freaking out over the past few days about it and it's all I think about, stressing over it bad. THANK YOU.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, we dont diagnose here but will say that oral symptoms like lip cold sores after giving oral sex could be herpes related.
Hi, thank you. I don't have lip cold sores. Just inside the mouth...
anyone else?
its not red anymore. its now pretty much all white.. looks like a regular wound that is healing.. does that sounds right?
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.