STDs / STIs Community

Reliability of STD Tests at 3 weeks

Had 2 encounters in Thailand both deep kissing and both receiving oral (I was receiving, once protected and un protected on the later date) from a sex worker.

I had a bunch of tests for all standard STD's at day 22 since the last encounter. Since the day I returned I had 5 days of food poisoning and after that I imminently became sick with massive sinuses (say 6-8 days after the encounter) and while my sinuses have rectified my throat has constantly gotten worse. A constant burning feeling (No fever during the entire time).

The reason for writing this is I am going on a holiday with my wife for 3 weeks. I have been to doctors that the chances of getting something like HIV from kissing/oral is almost non-existent. I know I am clear from gonorrhoea and chlamydia. Also what are the chances for picking up anything at the 3 week mark, I know for HIV they say a month has 95% but does anything get picked up at that mark.

Am I just being paranoid?
Oral sex was a risk for gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis and HPV...symptoms have nothing to do with any of those STD's.
One thing I should clarify is that my throat has been sore and burning for at least 2-3 weeks (i may not javr made that clear) I have an ENT booked for the beginning of November as the earliest.
Throat has nothing to do with a STD
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.