Risk of diseases including HPV

Hi, I posted a herpes only related question in the herpes forum because it didn't allow me to post here so I will make that question broader.

I had a sexual encounter earlier in August, protected vaginal sex (man to woman) and unprotected oral sex (only woman performing oral on me). Also deep kissing was involved. Regret experience. I got a full panel std done at 17 days after the episode. Everything negative - herpes hsv1&2, syphilis, HIV, hep a,b,c and chlamidyia. What should I retest and what is conclusive?

The IGG herpes test was negative for both hsv 1 and hsv 2. I understand it is not 100% accurate, with about 50% who are positive most likely showing a positive result at 6 weeks. How accurate is it at 17 days or a little more than 2 weeks? IGG for HSV1 <.1 and IGG for HSV2 <.1 I do intend to test at 6 weeks.  For example, how many negatives turn into positives from the research data?

I'm also worried about HPV - I have what might be a wart that appeared on day 13. Docs don't think it is a wart but referred to derm. Do genital warts appear that quickly?

I should also add that at about 20 days, I developed a sore throat with no fever. Doc does not think it is bacterial and he thinks it is viral. Could this be the body putting up a fight against a possible HSV1 and/or HSV2 primary infection or HPV infection? No visible signs of either HSV1 or HSV2 on mouth/genital area. I also sense tingling in spine.

Very worried. Not able to sleep much.
Hey there! My name is Rebecca and I am a virologist that specializes is STDs, and HIV/AIDS.
First, HIV is only conclusive at 3 months. So you must get tested at three months after possible exposure. Getting tested for HSV is tricky. The window period can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. Getting tested at two weeks, three months and then six is never a bad idea. Symptoms for HPV, which are warts in your case being male, I assume, begin at around two months. Very unlikely that the growth you are describing is HPV if it has only been 13 days.
And spine tingling isn't a result from a viral infection. You should contact a chiropractor if the tingling does not stop.
The bottom line? At three months, I would go in and receive a broad spectrum STD check once more and if you develop symptoms go in immediately. Until symptoms appear, hide your time.
Hope this helps!
Thank you rebecca. As a virologist, have you ever seen or read about infection of HIV via unprotected oral sex (male receiving via female) ?

Also as a medical professional, have you seen negative 2 week tests of HSV turn positive in 3 or 6 months times?

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.