Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.5k Members

STD Likelihood/Window Period

A couple months ago I had a casual encounter with a girl. I had protected vaginal sex with her, but I performed unprotected oral sex on her. I am unaware of her STD status so I can't seem to shake this concern. I went and got test for HIV antibody, gonnorrhea, chlamydia, Hep B, Hep C, syphilis, HSV-1 and HSV-2 (IGG test) at the 6 week mark. How likely was my exposure during this encounter? How much can I trust the STD tests at the 6 week mark? Should I get further testing?
2 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, since your penis was covered nothing could enter so you can rule out things like gono and chlamydia only herpes would be a risk but very low as the condom still protected most of you exposed area. And if she did not have any genital sores at the time your risk would be close to zero.
With you giving her oral, she would be the one at risk of contracting herpes from you.
Testing at 6 weeks rules out syphilis but herpes would be 3 months. But with no genital sores developing about a week later would lead to you being ok.
Ok thanks for the reassuring me Dave!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.