STD SCARE, MULTIPLE PARTNERS, PLEASE HELP

Hello Doctors...

Please help. I am 42, female from India. I had unprotected sex ( both oral and vaginal ) with 5 men and the last exposure was on 28th September 2018. I have gone for my STD tests. My Herpes came out positive.

I have tested negative on my DNA PAP ( cervical). I have tested negative on HIV antibodies 1 & 2 and p24 antigen ( combo test ) at 10 weeks post exposure. I have tested negative with my Syphilis ( VDRL and TPHA) at 6 weeks post exposure. I tested negative with my Hepatitis B and C qualitative PCR tests.

However I haven’t gone for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea urine PCR tests.

1. Do these tests give correct results after 3-8 months after possible exposure ?

Neither I have gone for urine PCR tests for Trichomonas vaginalis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Ureaplasma parvum, Mycoplasma genitalium. These tests are not readily available in India. There is only one online site providing these.

I consulted my gynaecologist who had treated me for recurrent fungal infection following my exposure and she told me that since I was asymptomatic there wasn’t any need to test for these at all. But since I HAVE READ THAT MOST OF THESE STDs ARE ASYMPTOMATIC OR SILENT I am very very apprehensive. I can’t sleep ( sleeping for 4 hours in the night)

Also recently I read up that one could have ORAL STDs as well like HPV or GONORRHEA and CHLAMYDIA but my doctor isn’t convinced and says that I need not go for tests when I am asymptomatic. For oral STDs a swab of the area is needed and since I can’t do it myself I consulted another doctor but she too declined.  I am clueless as to what I should do.

2. Would a negative urine PCR for gonorrhea and chlamydia and a negative DNA PAP for HPV (cervical) RULE OUT THE POSSIBILITIES OF THESE STDs IN ORAL AS WELL ??

I can’t find any doc performing an oral swab for me though the labs have provision for gonorrhea culture and HPV PCR tests for oral swab.

3. How valid is the HPV PCR test for oral swabs as per the guidelines??

4. Also do Gonorrhea and Chlamydia oral cultures give correct results almost 3 -8 months after possible oral exposure ??

5. Should I go for the other urine PCR tests as well ? Namely: Trichomonas vaginalis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Ureaplasma parvum, Mycoplasma genitalium. ?

Please help... I am really clueless, helpless and very very scared.

1. Yes
Some people do have symptoms, some people dont. But most people do.
2. No
3. Not valid
4. Yes
5. Yes
Thanks a lot !!! Should I go for any other tests? Do any of these tests need to repeated ?
No need repeat. U have taken the tests in the appropriate period, they r conclusive.
It is very unlikely u have any stds. I think u wouldnt need any more tests, unless u r really experiencing particular symptoms that r suggestive of stds.
Thank you so so much for your prompt reply.  Keeping fingers crossed...
Why do you have a final test of all STD and just stop the unprotected sex... safety first

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.