STD prevention. Need your advice

Hey guys so I thought I should come on here for some help before my encounter. So I'm hooking up with this girl who is my age (18) we live in the same town. I'm going to get a blowjob from her not full sex. I'm not ready for that yet. Is there anything I need to be careful about when recieving a blowjob? I don't want to get any STD or even HIV. I've never had any sexual contact with this girl before
not to scare you, and it's very unlikely she would have an std and you would catch an std but oral with out and with protection is considered pretty safe.

1) With out protection you have an unlikely risk of NGU,Gon, syphallis, hpv, hepatitis, and hsv1 and rarer 2. Out of all those NGU would be the most likely.

With protection HPV, and herpes could be possible. Being that you are under 26 I'm sure you have your hpv vaccination which protects against not all but some of the more troublesome strands

Keep in mind the chances of her having any of them is slim, and the chances of transmission would also be slim from her to you. From you to her would be a higher probability but still slim.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.