STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

STD results waiting

So i recently took a full panel STD test about 10 days ago. I am currently in a monogamous relationship with a female. We stopped using protection roughly about 2 1/2 to 3 months ago. I always been in monogamous relationships however i did date another female last year before i met my current girlfriend and i do not know there status. Now My current girlfriend recently had an yeast infection and went to her gyno around March 1.They did a full STD panel on her and all came back negative. Mind you, we stop using protection almost 3 months prior to her getting tested. So my question is I did my test and all my results came in 4 days ago minus the HIV test. I tested negative for everything else. It has been 10 days now. and I'm starting to get worried since i have not heard from my DR or the lab where i took my blood. Why did they release all my results minus the HIV test.. Trying not to freak out.
COMMUNITY LEADER
In order to give you accurate info, it would be useful to know the kind of sexual encounter you had with that other female.
Regular vaginal intercourse
You likely are ok, but if you’re testing for STD’s be sure to include mycoplasma genitalium
Ok so I came back negative or not detected for hiv genotype 1 not detected for PR gene mutations and not detected for RT gene mutation.. should I go back to my urologist for that test or any health care clinic
Yes, asked specifically for a PCR test for mycoplasma genitalium. Be sure to be off of antibiotics for 3 weeks, and test your first void urine only. Also, if you have taken ciprofloxacin of levofloxacin, you can still take Moxifloxacin and have a decent shot of curing the infection, if it’s indeed MG.
Thank you very much.. I will be on top of that...
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.