STDs / STIs Community

STD risk from Giving handjob and mutual protected oral sex

Hi All,

I understand this has been asked many times and I am only asking for my self mental health. I have been very careful with my sexual health and would like to ask a question about a recent exposure. This exposure was extremely careful you might say but please give an explanation why also if there is no risk as I have high anxiety and really worried. I had a very safe incident with a male with unknown status. I touched briefly his bare penis but put on condom immediately after to give oral sex. Later I took the condom off and continued to masturbate him for a bit more. I did not notice any lesions or bumps but you could never be sure I guess.

1. Was this in any way risky for any kind of std?

2. I read that hand to genital contact can be risky for HPV, Herpes or siphilis. Is that a safe explanation for theoretical risk or should I be worried?

3. Should I get tested for any STD, and if so when?

4. I asked the person and he said he did not see any lesions or bumps in the past but that did not make me feel better. Should I be worried about it and abstain from having sex with my partner ?
I have to add my hands are a bit chapped due to cold. Does that change anything should I be worried ?
Any experts please help me. I'm terrified of syphilis transmission. I didnt see any sores or anything but afraid that I might have missed it. What are my chances?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, you had no risk for any std from your affair.
I am a bit confused about your assessment. You mentioned on a recent topic when they saw a red pimple mosquito bite looking shape they should get tested for syphilis and herpes. Can you elaborate a bit more on your reasoning? My biggest fear is the fact that I am not hundred percent sure if I made a contact with a lesion or not. I am thinking of asking the person if I can look at the genital area but afraid I might be refused . This happened on Saturday so if I were to look again tomorrow the lesion(if existed by then) should be there right?
In other words 4 days past
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.