STDs to my wife

Dear doctors,
I did cunnilingus and protected vaginal sex (using condom correctly and consistently) with a girl who has unknown STD condition twice. I wonder if I can still have unprotected sex with my wife without transferring any potential STDs to her? I was health before but not sure if the intercourse with the girl was safe. If not, what kind of test should I take before I can have unprotected sex with wife? For how many days should I wait? Thanks.
I forget to mention that my cunnilingus to her is not protected and she also did protected fellatio to me.
Hi, protected vaginal sex is a risk for herpes and syphilis as is the oral and testing for these would be recommened before being intimate with your wife.

herpes--- 3 months post exposure
syohilis--- 6 weeks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Without knowing what STD your partner had, it's impossible to answer this question.

I agree with Life360 - you should get tested. While cunnilingus is lower risk than vaginal, you still have a risk for syphilis and gonorrhea. Even with protected sex, you have a risk for syphilis, HPV and herpes.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.