STD's? which one?

I haven't been feeling myself for like 4 weeks now. It has been almost 8 weeks since possible exposure with anyone.  It all started like 2 weeks after exposure. I was at work and all of a sudden I felt really weak. Fatigue suddendly hit me. I was really wearied out. Lifting , pushing and all made me feel incompetent. A day later I felt sweaty and had a really bad headache. then It hit me I got really bad fever. I developed dar red blister like bumps on my back. I had night sweats, loss of apetite. vomiting a bit of diahrea. the flue went away after like 1 1/2 weeks. The things is that I have not composed my self yet. My body feels weak making me powerless. I want to know waht I have, why I hurt.
currently I am experiencing:

*Burning/Tingling sensation on my skin (hands, arms, legs)
*swollen limp nodes (neck more noticible, my ears started hurting-obviously an Infection)
*White thrust on toungue and looks really sticky and foamy.
* SUDDEN PAINS ON MUSCLES( LEGS MORE NOTICIBLE, BUT ALL OVER LIKE BUUT CHEEKS AND ARMS AND PITTS)
*I STARTED TAKING AXOMILLIN 500mg and My body really hurts now when the drug begins to ware off.

MORE INFORMAYON- I have tested negative for everything at the four week mark- I don't beliave those results
I will be getting my 6-week results in later on today.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Nothing we can help you with here because your "symptoms" are not related to a STD and your tests prove that. My advice is to see a Dr for an exam and explain symptoms...if you have already done so then follow up with your Dr.
Helpful - 0
Rooboo:

I have the same symptoms as you except the swollen galnds and white thrust on tongue.  I also did not have the flu symptoms or night sweats but I do have the other items you highlighted with asterisks.  Tingling sensitive in the genital area and sudden pains on my muscles especially in the legs, arms and in the arm pit area.

Glad to hear your test were negative at 4 weeks.  Inform us all on your test results for 6 weeks.  Also, when you said you tested negative for everything...does this include Herpes testing.  HSV1 and HSV2?  Standard STD test do not include herpes testing, I want you to get accurate results.

I don't know about the dark like blister bumps in the back, that doesn't seem to be a sign of any std I've been reading about.  That was probably some coincidental outbreak with your skin.  It has been written in many post and literature you would get lesions, sores and ulcers at the point of exposure which I highly doubt was your back.  If anything it would be appearing on your genitals and mainly on your penis and shaft.  Do keep us update with your test results.
Helpful - 0
Hey my 6-week HIV was a negative. The doctor told me not to worry he just urged me to get tested at six months, just to be sure. I will go next month after the 26th to check and hopefully will be neg. I started taking aximocillin for the strange ear infection that come from the swollen limp nodes in my neck.
Helpful - 0
You know they did not test me for HSV1 and HSV2 , they just told me I did not have them. I will have to go get tested than. I need to request it for that testing.
Helpful - 0
Funny but My muscles still hurt and I get the burning sensaton on my skin still. I think I might have to go again
Helpful - 0
rooboo

I don't believe you have HIV although I don't know what kind of sexual activity you were involved in ubt HIV transmission is low if your partner was hetero.  My stupid self was involved in unprotected oral sex with an individual who did not know they had HSV1 oral until I asked them to get tested and it came back positive.  She did not have any visible cold sores or ulcers on her mouth whatsoever which is very hard for me to understand at this point.  I am 6.5 weeks post exposure and I have had almost every single regular symptom described with the exception of fever and swollen glands/ lymph nodes.  I have also been fortunate to not have any bumps, ulcers or lesions show up yet.  I have been noticing a lot of neural pains mostly concentrated on the left leg and now it is on my right leg and in my butt.  I just hope and pray it is not herpes.  The lady I had the exposure with had a really low reading for her HSV1 which was 1.3 and I believe her igg test was .1 higher otherwise it would have been equivocal.  Her test was done at quest.  I was tested 13 days after exposure and everything came back negative, of course I went in with nothing so it should show negative.  I'm weary of what I might have...it's 45 day post exposure, would one already have ulcers, lesions or bumps show up by now?  I'm so scared, I am hoping it is anxiety, stress or depression that is causing these pains leg pains and not herpes.
Helpful - 0
ceruleandreams

I hope my words count for something Nat', I know you must be freaking out and the dang Anxiety doesn't help at all. I hope you are fine, I hope I can ease your mind a bit.

My encounter was protected oral, vagianal, and anal. All of which I used different condoms, never saw them ripped. I experienced severe Fever and flu two weeks after exposure. night sweats included. weakness which still persists. Not to mention the strange blisters on my back, they all appeared around the time of the fever.

I went ahead and took the 8-week(59 day) Hiv test and was NEG. I am glad it was negative, I still get really strange burning sensations on my hands, arms and legs- not to mention inner thighs( it feels like I got aircraft remover on my skin) and itch. I also experience random muscle pains all over my body. I know the window period is 3-6 months, but I am so close to the 3 months I hope what I am feeling has nothing to do with HIV. If what I am feeling isn't HIV related, what the hell could it be. Is HSV symptoms like groin pain and blisters on back?

I am freakin scared.
Helpful - 0
You had protected sex...you really had no risk. As I said see a Dr for your symptoms they are not STD related.
Helpful - 0
rooboo

Your kind words are helpful.  I do not think and everyone else on here does not think you have HIV.  How could you have possibly caught HIV if you were protected the whole time?  It is near impossible.  Your symptoms could possibly be HSV1 or HSV2 as even with a condom you can still catch those two damn viruses if they are having an active outbreak or actively shedding.  If your scrotum is exposed to her vaginal area.  I urge you to get tested for herpes as this is not HIV.  If it turns out your experiences have all been attributed to coincidences with the flu and skin outbreak and truly related to anxiety driven muscle aches and twitching this would be a story I have not read and want to read.  Please get tested for hsv1 and hsv2, you are not at risk for HIV but describe a lot of symptoms related to HSV1 or HSV2.
Helpful - 0
Thank you ceruleandreams

I will go get tested for HSV1 and HSV2. I will keep you posted on my situation. I will get to the bottom of my symptoms.

Thank you again
ceruleandreams
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.