STDs / STIs Community

STI?

I had a sexual encounter with someone else than my wife 4 weeks ago.  I received oral sex for a few minutes and there was a brief 20 seconds vaginal penetration before we stopped.  Obviously, i feel horrible about this.  I have no symptoms and i have asked the lady i had the encounter with and she also does not have any symptoms.  She is also married.  My wife just developed a vaginal itch which she believes that is due to zythromax prescription following another illness.  I am very worried.  Should i get tested?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi was the sex protected using a condom?
it was unprotected
COMMUNITY LEADER
I will say that those who contract things like Gonoreha and chlamydia come down with symptoms of a white puss penis discharge and burning while urinating about 7 days later and no testing would be advised without them Or if they have a long term partner like being married so for your wifes protection test for the below before being intimate with her.
1. HIV----28 days post exposure with the duo test
2. Gono and chlamydia---7 days post exposure
3. herpes-----3 months
4. syphilis----6 weeks

This is for her protection only
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.