STDs / STIs Community

Sexual contact with partner if both positive for gonorrhea?

I contracted gonorrhea and gave it to my partner. We both went to planned parenthood and received an injection of antibiotics as well as 4 pills to take.

What kind of sexual contact is safe? My partner is concerned about prolonging the infection by an mucous membrane contact. Currently we are abstaining from all sexual contact including kissing, oral sex and sex.
Oral, vaginal and anal sex should be avoided for 7 days after medication.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.