STDs / STIs Community

Sexually Transmitted diseases

I am a married male aged 32 yrs from India. 3.5 months ago i had unsafe sex with a female sex worker - though it was not a complete intercourse. Inserted her for just 1 - 2 min and then pulled back with the fear of STD's. Afterwards lot of stress related to HIV surrounded me. I did not take any PEP or had no earlier medication. I got my P24 test done 72 hours after exposure - results were negative. I also got HIV antibody test of that female sex worker done 5 days after my exposure - she tested negative. I further repeated my P24 done 21 days after exposure - results were again negative. I got HIV antibody & VDRL test done after 102 days of exposure - results were negative. The problem is I developed Balanoposthitis  (as diagnosed by 2 reputed local dermatologists)almost 2 days after intercourse with my wife and almost 75 days  of my unsafe exposure with the female sex worker. Did I get Balanoposthitis from female sex worker? Is this Balanoposthitis a sign of HIV infection? Now that I am negative 3 months after exposure, can I be sure that I do not have HIV? Why this Balanoposthitis appear 7 years after my marraige? Barring this one incident of unsafe sex with female sex worker, I never had any physical relation with any body other than my wife. My wife was already tested for HIV at the time of her motherhood and she was negative. I not diabetic - got my blood sugar checked after balanoposthitis. Do I need to repeat HIV antibody test after 6 months of exposure? How long does it take for balanoposthitis to cure? I have taken 2 oral kits of orflaz and using Canfree for 20 days now. Please help me out of this suicidal dilemma. I will be highly obliged!!
You keep asking about HIV in the post, do you have a STD question?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.