STDs / STIs Community

Skin colored/reddish bumps remaining 17 years after unprotected anal sex.

Im currently age 28. Circumsized at birth. Had unprotected anal sex at the age of 11, with a girl aged 15.  shortely after, maybe a couple of days. I noticed my whole penis head, (the actual glan part) was covered in small skin colored/whitish, or possible pale reddist bumps. (I cant remember exactly) but the bumps have never left, been there for the whole 17 years, but in the following years after it first happened, they started to dry out/shrivel up and remain on the penis as more like light brown/red/skin colored spots, as well as have a shiny affect. So that's how they are til this day, not actually raised bumps, but more like bumps that are shriveled up that never left. It's like some type of scar/stretch mark affect. The head is very smooth to the touch, as if there is nothing there, unless you look with your eyes. They've never caused any problems like itching or hurting, they're just there. Over the years i've agreed that they're probably just fordyce spots, or something harmless. But since i plan on being sexually active soon, i get anxious and keep thinking what if they could of been something else? and what if the girl gets freaked out? It looks worse when flacid, because of my skin color (black) and the wrinkled dark glans skin with those light brownish/red bumps/spots all on it. I've done research on hpv and herpes. And with hpv they say the virus would have cleared in 2 years but it's been 17 years for me, and also the bumps dont look like mine, nor has there ever been pain, so i crossed that off the list. As far as herpes go, they say it comes and goes, but my bumps have never left, they've just stayed. Nor has there been pain or anything. So i crossed that off the list. I also thought about a possible yeast infection years ago, but i dont think it would have left any type of bumps/spots for 17 years after, am i correct?

I've actually never had sex any more since that time 17 years ago. So that anal sex encounter was all i ever had. Since then, I've been celibate and saving myself, mostly because of the embarrasment of these bumps/spots. My gut tells me they're nothing, but my anxiety tells me other wise, since they appeared right after unprotected anal sex.

I will also like to point out that in 2001 at age 14, i went to the doctors for a sports physical exam (not for this issue) and as the doctor observed my penis, he noted the bumps, but simply asked if i had a girlfriend, but didnt go into more detail after that. I guess he wasnt concerned?

With all of the information i gave you, could you please give me an honest opinion of what you think my problem could be. All answers will be appreciated, thanks.

I'm sure your "gut" is correct. Genital warts are the only possible genital "bumps" due to STD, and warts don't last this long. This has nothing to do with the sexual encounter all those years ago. Stop trying to figure it out on your own or on line, either in this forum or anywhere else. See a doctor. Also, if you have been avoiding sex because of this, it's not a valid reason to not be sexually active. It's time to move ahead with your sexual life, if you are otherewise interested in doing so.

Good luck.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.