Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.1k Members

Small, red, painless, lump on shaft of penis.

Dear Doctors, I have a small red lump in the middle of the shaft of my penis, towards the right..kinda. It's not painful, it doesn't have any liquid that I can see. I've been looking all over the web to find out what it is, I've had it for about a week, I just got over a cold and I don't know if it's even relevant to mention that. but I'm concerned I have an STD or something. It's semi hard, red and about the size of half a kernel of corn, I've had sex but that was more than two months ago, I don't know what to do.

Please respond to this...
1 Responses
3149845 tn?1506631371
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, in the relm of std,s lumps like your describing could be an HPV wart or a herpes sore. In the nonstd world maybe a simple inflamed hair folicle. You should have a doc to a visual to confirm what this is. Since is hard and under the skin it would not be herpes related.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.