STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Sore Under Tongue

I am a 34 year old male.

For the first time in my life, I saw an escort 3 days ago.

I performed oral sex on her for maybe a minute unprotected, only the outside (not inside the vagina).

She then performed oral on me, protected.

After that, I did not have intercourse with her, because I could not do it.  I'm married and just felt really guilty.

I woke up this morning, with a couple of small  sores under my tongue.  It appeared overnight and I'm extremely worried.

No pain, just a tingling sensation.  Can you pls help??
You should have them checked out.  You were at highest risk for hsv and it is possible that the sores may indicate that.  But only testing can provide conclusive results.  They could be simple irritations.  Or if you have a history of cold sores, they could be a reaction to the stress from the guilt you feel from this encounter.
Thank you for your response,
I went to see my doctor yesterday and he assured me that it was not HSV.  I then proceeded to tell him what I did prior to that and he said that there was a slight chance that I may have the HIV virus.
He said to wait until the new year and come back and we can do the HIV test.
As of now the lump/sore underneath my tongue has come down and it is not hurting at all.

I had the H1N1 vaccine shot the same day I saw the escort.
Yesterday morning, I started getting mild body aches, headaches, and sore throat.

Rest assured that I did not have intercourse with the escort.  She did perform Oral on me but it was protected.  I performed Oral on her unprotected but I did not have any open sores in my mouth and she looked clean.

Needless to say, I am worried and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do in the following weeks regarding anxiety until it's time to take the test.

What are the chances of me catching the HIV virus from this encounter?

I do not see the risk of you getting HIV.  HIV is not transmitted orally.  But for better information, you should post any further questions on HIV in the HIV Community.
thank you, i have asked the question in HIV community.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.