STDs / STIs Community

Sores? Not convinced it's herpes, but what is it?

For a couple of days I had two ulcer like sores on my inner vaginal lips. These weren't preceded by raised sores or fluid filled blisters, and it wasn't accompanied with itching, swelling or other common genital herpes symptoms. I have never had a cold sore, and it was only those two ulcers, no where else. I have gotten canker sores often in the past. I wasn't able to get to the doctor to see them because they were gone in two days. Is there anything that may have caused these sores other than genital herpes? Just something that could have happened?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, since the were gone in 2 days and were not painful i would rule herpes out. Many things can cause these including fungal prior to a period.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.