STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Std or step

I went to the doctor today thinking I had strep throat but the test came back negative , He is treating me for it anyways because he said you can have it but it doesn't show. I left out a very important detail I had oral sex with a guy two days ago we Botha be been checked for STD and had nothing , is there a way I could have gonorrhea in the throat or anything in that nature? will the penicillin and amoxicillin that they are giving me cute it if so or do I need to go back to the doctor
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, showing symptoms of a sore throat 2 days later is a bit to short of a time for Gono symptoms to appear and its not the easy to contract anyway so i would lean towards either an irritation from the act itself or some type of cold bug. We dont comment on meds doses here.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.