STDs / STIs Community

Syphilis testing at 6 months

Hello I had an  unprotected vag sex at the end of July 2017. My doctor was  persistent on me taking a 6 month HIV and Syphilis blood test (RPR) below are the tests I have already taken.
Aug14th neg RPR
Dec 6th neg RPR
Feb 8th is still pending
I received my results for HIV NEG.... so now my question is. Is there a chance my neg 4month RPR will change? I thought the window period for Syphlis was 3 months. I am really nervous and this is my final test and I can move on. Please give me information. Thanks for all you do here.
I really hope this team here will give me an answer.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Window period for HIV depends on the kind of test you go for.
-If is a combo duo ag/ab it will be accurate 28 days after the encounter.
-If is a normal antibody test (finge-prick) it will be accurate 3 months after the exposure.

Regarding syphilis, 6 weeks is a good time to wait before testing. But if you get it negative, is good to re-test 3 months after the sexual exposure, as there are people that take longer to show a positive result.

All the best.
Yes I tested 4 months post with a RPR = neg
And an AG/AB combo =neg my doctor was pushing me to take a 6 month which I did on feb 8th I received my neg results for my combo but what I am worried about is if my neg RPR will now be change have u ever heard of that but my RPR is pending....
Meant to say at the end I have you ever heard of a neg RPR 4 months change at 6 months ?
I'm in similar situation with you. I'm at 6 months post-exposure, preparing for another test. Have you gotten your results yet?
Have you had any symptoms?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.