STDs / STIs Community

Syphilis treatment

Hi.  I'm 31 and from Australia.  Recently visited a sec clinic due to a rash on penis.  Was diagnosed / treated for male thrush and tested for a range of STD.

My syphilis was positive (I have had an exclusive sexual relationship with my wife for 7+ years)  I am being treated for late laten syphilis -  having had my 1st treatment when can I expect change (1st symptoms showed day before injection of antibiotic on tounge).  My wife is pregnant (28wks) and is now being tested regularly.  We have had sex twice since falling pregnant (was negative at first blood test for pregnancy)  what are the risks for her and bubs?  And finally- just want to ensure my other children aren't at risk (through me kissing them etc)  

Cheers
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.