STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Test Reliability

I had unprotected vaginal intercourse once  with no ejaculation. However it was for more than a few minutes. I had std tests run 15 days after all negative except HPV high risk (first positive). My hsv2 was drawn 22 days post intercourse. Neg as well...Can I trust the negative result?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Gonorrhea and chlamydia are accurate at about week, syphilis is at 6 weeks, HIV is at 3 months, and herpes is 4 months, though many test positive long before that for HIV and herpes.

You had the HPV prior to this encounter, as that takes at least a month to show up.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.