Tested 13 days after potential exposure

I was on a bachelor party in New Orleans, highly intoxicated and made the biggest mistake of my life by having unprotected sex with a sex worker. I had an 8 panel test performed including a HIV PCR test through stdtestexpress.com (which uses Lab Corp) at 13 days after exposure. All results were negative. Although, I have been experiencing a sore throat after the potential exposure which very well could be hypercondria along with a good bit of anxiety.
My questions are:
1. How reliable is stdtestexpress.com? Would you rather recomend a local doctor?
2. How reliable is a PCR test at 13 days?
3.  When and what test should I take next to confirm not contracting HIV?
4. Should I test again for STD's other than HIV that would not have show at 13 days prior exposure?

Thank you for your help!
1. Don't know but would always rather see a Dr for testing.
2. PCR for HIV?
3. Post in the HIV forum
4. Syphilis-6 weeks, herpes-3 months
2. Yes PCR for HIV

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.