STDs / STIs Community

Testing for HIV

Hi Doc, I am very worried. 1 year ago, I had an experience with a sex worker and did unprotected sex. I know it is very dumb of me. Then i had a girl friend after 6 months. but unfortunately we broke up. And now, I am in a stable relationship. However, my current girlfriend was diagnose with Mycoplasma Hominis and has genital warts (which is being threated as of this writing). They occured almost at the same time. I am worried, because during the time we had unprotected sex, she got delayed mentrual period for about a month and i think she also experience fever (i just can't remember if it's flu like). and now she is experiencing hair loss, for time to time during fertile period she is experiencing body heat but no fever, and also fatigue. Is it possible that we contracted HIV that's why her immune system defense against the mycoplasma hominis and genital warts decrease? Another thing, my ex-girlfriend also experience delay in menstrual period and fever.

I very much appreciate your quick response.
post in hiv forum
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.