STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Testing for gonorrhea via UA's

About two months ago I had unprotected sex and contracted gonorrhea. At the time, they treated me for both gonorrhea AND chlamydia rather than wait for the results. But the penile swab later returned a positive for gonorrhea and a negative for chlamydia.

Three weeks later I went in for a UA to confirm the treatment was successful. The UA came back negative. It's been a little over a week since the UA results came back (so about a month post-treatment). As of this morning I'm having some discomfort and a very slight discharge.

I haven't had sex during this nearly two-month period, not even with the original partner.

So I'm either looking at an inaccurate UA result and a resistant strain that survived both the oral antibiotics AND penicillin shot, or this is something completely different.

Thoughts??
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.