STDs / STIs Community

Throat gonorrhea?

I'm extremely nervous because I just learned that a past sexual partner of mine has gonorrhea. I've performed unprotected oral sex on him 5 months ago and did not experience ANY symptoms at all. About a month ago in july I got a serious throat infection where my tonsils were swollen and painful and it hurt to swallow. I took antibiotics and the pain went away within a few days. However my tonsils remained severely inflamed for 2 weeks. They are still partially inflamed but I can talk and eat properly. I'm not sure if is gonorrhea or not seeing as it took so long to develop. Would the antibiotics that I took take care of major infection? Should I be scared of becoming infertile? Thanks
no no no you shouldn't be scared of being infertile from oral gonorrhea.

And getting oral gonorrhea is pretty hard to get.  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.