Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
38.2k Members

Today my STD test panel results come...please suggest what to do next?

m male 30 yrs old

my test results are as follow
HIV 1 & 2 ANTIBODIES SCREENING TEST,SERUM @
HIV 1/2 924 COMBO TEST
INDEX VALUE                                        0.11
RESULT                                                 NON REACTIVE

Comments : Non Reactive result implies that antibodies to HIV 1 / 2 have not been detected in the sample. This means the patient has either not been exposed to HIV 1/2 infection or the sample has been tested during “window phase” i.e. before the development of detectable levels of antibodies .Hence non reactive result does not exclude the possibility of exposure or infection with HIV 1 /2

2)  test name VDRL (RPR) ,serum    RESULT NON REACTIVE

3) HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV) 1+2 IgM,SERUM         result  <0.500 non reactive

4) HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV) 1+2 IgG ,SERUM        result 17.7  

what above test indicates am i having std ?

or above result is because my IMMUNOGLOBULIN IgE is at high levels about 1000 because am asthmatic

please suggest what test should i do in future to make sure  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.