Trich or BV

hi,i have been diagnosed with trich about 2 years ago after having it for at least a year,got treated with single dose of metronidazole,the symptoms seemed to clear out but came back with the next period.i couldnt get reinfected in the meanwhile. Next time about a year later still having the smelly discharge i took flagyl. The symsymptoms disappeared for another 4 months and came back again. It is possible i have been reinfected somewhere along the way. So this time i took a single dose of metronidazole again.symptoms seem to clear out and now on my 4th day of period i had a lot of itching and the fishy smell came back. Is there anything as chronic trich or could it maybe be BV or just a yeast infection? I dont have access to the healthcare at the moment.on the remote island and dont want to take another load of metronidazole.i got tested for everything 3 months ago and everything came negative.that was without the time with any problems or symptoms. would you advise?thanks

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.