Trichomonas won’t go away and how to find a better physician?

I was diagnosed with Trichomonas at the end of June and I know I got it in April. The doctor prescribed me a mega dose of the metronidazole and said I should feel better in 24 hours. I did NOT feel better in 24 hrs I waited a week because everything online kept telling me the symptoms could take a week to subside but when they didn’t I called my doctor and she prescribed me another mega dose. This one did absolutely nothing but make my symptoms worse my cervix hurt so bad. I went to immediate care and they diagnosed me with a uti but they also tested my urine for trich which came back negative. The doctor treated me for trich with one weeks worth of metronidazole based off of my symptoms. 2 days after finishing my metronidazole I feel the symptoms of my trich returning. I sent my doctor a message through the portal saying they came back but she basically said I’m a liar bc no one fails treatment for trich so I must have reinfected myself with a new partner. I HAVE NOT had sex at all since I got this and no one believes me when I say it’s antibiotic resistent. The negative urine test made my doctor think I am super dumb but I’m not faking my symptoms. Can the urine test be a false negative? How do I find a doctor to actually believe me and treat me?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi testing for trich with urine is done mostly for men as a swab of the discharge is done for women. have a swab when the discharge appears. also the discharge for trich in women is green. has your discharge been green?

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.