Unknown Penile Discharge

Recently started having some burning while urinating and then started noticing a slight white discharge. Got tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea as precaution because I have only been with my wife, and I assume the same for her. Test were both negative but I took 1g zithromax as a precaution 11 days ago...no change in anything at all. Unsure of what it could be...my wife was sick the week prior and was given antibiotics and we did have unprotected sex as well as oral during that time. Any help would be great as I am at a complete loss....thanks
It could be a strain of a UTI you two passed back and forth!?  Sometimes Chlam and Gono take more than a week to be accurately detected so the accuracy may depend on when you got tested.  I am having a similar issue right now and trying Cranberry extract (on top of many other vitamins I take) plus I am going to take 3 raw cloves of garlic a day (every 6 hours) for the next 3 days and see if that does anything.  In doing a little research on garlic it seems to work for many people.  Luck for your wife she can use it as a suppository for a couple of hours a day as well (look it up!).  Anyway best of luck and keep us posted.
Wouldn't the Zithromax have cleared Chlam or Gono by day 11?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, if your in a trusting relationship you can rule out gono and chlamydia. Sounds like a simple UTI. If its not cleared then best to see your doc again.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.