Unprotected encounter, STD risks?

Hi!

I had an unprotected encounter last weekend that has me freaked out as my knowledge of STDs is extremely limited.

So, on Friday (Nov 16/17), I had an inebriated encounter with a stranger. I got very drunk and was quite exhausted late into the night and ended up giving her unprotected oral for 3-4 minutes. Following this, she gave me unprotected oral for about 30-45 seconds, and I inserted my penis into her vagina for all of 10 seconds - no more than 15-20 seconds - before coming to my senses and pulling out as I didn't have protection. There was no ejaculation of any kind, not even pre-***

Since then I've been anxiously 'waiting' for some symptoms to come up and am terrified of what STD I may have caught. Some background about her - she had a sketchy upbringing, had a lot of tattoos (she asserted she only 'trusted one person' to do them) and she used to use drugs in the not-so-recent past. She didn't have any sores on her face/lips and I didn't see anything around her vagina either. I didn't see any medications/prescriptions in her room/bathroom cabinet (I tried scanning them to see if she may have been treating anything).

Anyways, I'm terrified now and need help with what STDs I'm at risk for and how long I should wait for getting tested to cover the broadest range of infections. Should I be worried about Herpes, Hep and HIV? What are my chances?

Thanks!
You cannot really wait for symptoms to just show for most stds can even occur asymptomatic, meaning no symptoms at all. You also cannot determine the possibility of one having stds just by appearance.You did have an inebriated encounter as you mentioned with someone you are not familiar with. Oral sex is low risk and it is possible you can contract gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and herpes. HIV is not known to be contracted via oral sex. A brief vaginal exposure such as 10 seconds is not enough time to actually acquire HIV or any std. Brief receptive oral sex such as your situation also does not warrant any concern for acquiring any stds. There are time tables in which one would have to look to in order to get tested with 100% results. For gonorrhea and chlamydia, 3-5 days post exposure. For Syphilis, 4-6 weeks post exposure. For Herpes, 3-4 months post exposure. For HIV, 4-12 weeks post exposure (depending on what test you take).
Thank you for your message! While that calms the nerves to a degree, I'm now convinced that I might have genital warts. I spotted some very tiny, almost "hard to notice unless you shine a light and look very closely" spots on the penis shaft. (they're not exactly spots, but I struggle to find the right word to describe them) My question here is - how do you tell between genital warts and herpes? And is it possible to eliminate warts completely from the surface? Does it hurt a lot when you have a doctor remove them, if they happen to be on the shaft/head/scrotum?
put your penis away!! only look at it to aim to urinate!!

it sounds like you have to look really close to see these symptoms. not worth worrying about by no means.

you also wouldn't have had symptoms of warts from this encounter this quickly.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.