STDs / STIs Community

Unprotected sex about 2 years ago...

I had unpprotected sex with an ex boyfriend a few times, about 2 years ago. It was an extremely stupid mistake, but he said he was tested and clean. I've never had any discharge, pain, or anything... But I've read you can have an STD or HIV without having any symptoms for years. I know the only way to know for sure, is to get tested. But to ease my mind a little bit, what are the chances I would have an STD, if I haven't had any symptoms at all, over the past 2 and a half years?
why didn't you pursue full std testing after the relationship ended?  that's the sexually responsible thing to do.

grace
The chances are very slim but I'd get a test for peace of mind:)
I'm not making up excuses, but 2 years ago, I was in a rough place... I was a reckless, drugged up teenager. I've made a lot of mistakes back then, but I cannot change what happened 2 or 3 years ago. Thank you for you're response though, I appreciate your time to answer this.
keep up the "new" you and follow up on testing so you know your status for std's. make sure herpes testing is included in it too.

have you had your gardasil hpv shots yet ?

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.