STDs / STIs Community

VDRL positive but TPHA negative

i had a test for VDRL and it was positive but TPHA was negative. i never had sex with any one in my life. my all other test for hepatitis, malaria , HIV are negative. so what is it ? i  mean why is VDRL positive?
what to do about it? is it something worrying or seriuos?
You either had a false positive or you have had it since birth. Most likely a false positive, here are things that can cause a false positive:
malaria
leptospirosis
leprosy
mononucleosis
lupus
lymphogranuloma venereum
mycoplasmal pneumonia
typhus
cat-scrath fever
hepatitis
periarteritis nodosa
acute viral and bacterial infections
hypersensitivity reactions
recent vaccinations
i think that is a false positive just like on case that vdrl positive but int he confirmatory test is negative.
Sir,

i had VDRL and HIV  negative but TPHA +ve need accurate treatment to cure this disease pls let me knw ASAP. I need treatment in Ahmedabad-Gujarat(state)- INDIA.
1. We don't give mendication advice
2. Start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.