STDs / STIs Community

Very anxious about possible std

Hi, in Jan I went to massage parlours on two occasions in China (I’m an Expatriate working here). I received oral sex from the masseuse. Those days I had been washing my glans with soap daily and thoroughly. I’m uncircumcised. After about 2-3 weeks, I noticed small red dots on my glans (1-2 mm). I started washing my glans with lukewarm water and no soap. Those red dots(must’ve been 3-4) disappeared in a week or two but new ones appeared. Since then every now and then I get these red dots, they are very small. They don’t hurt. Sometimes, they turn white and then disappear. I don’t have have pain or burning during urination. No pain during masturbation. But these red dots, sometimes redness just keep appearing. Also, until recently I used to see smegma getting created and it used to smell. With regular washing the smell is not there these days but smegma keeps coming in small quantities. I really regret having gone to the massage place. I’m a married guy so the guilt is another thing I’m dealing with. I don’t want to get a check up done in China as if I have an std, they might throw me out of the country. I plan to get it checked next month in my home country. Can you please tell me what you think it might be. I’m really worried and this is all that I can think about.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Smegma - whether you have it or not - is not indicative of an STD.

Little red dots that come and go aren't likely to be an STD. the risks from oral are herpes, gonorrhea and syphilis, and little red dots aren't symptoms for any of those. It's more likely to be irritation from soap or a fungal infection. Use a gentle cleanser or soap, keep the area dry and cool (as much as possible), and unless things get worse, you get discharge, or pain or a fever, you can probably wait till you get back to your country.
Thanks a lot for your response. By get a discharge, you mean discharge from the meatus, right?
Yes, that's what I meant. :)
Hi, here’s an update: I got the following std tests done: hiv, hsv 1 and 2, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis and hepatitis b. All negative. Thanks a lot for your response. It helped me get through the last few weeks with lesser anxiety. And thank you to this website for the great work it has been doing.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.