STDs / STIs Community

WEIRD BUMPS ON TONGUE

I recently went to the GYN and found out that i have HPV and genital warts. The GYN told me that the warts are almost all cleared up. I recently also noticed that i have bumps all the way on the back of my tongue there is alot of them and they are slightly raised and are kind of big. I have had no pain and they are not red at all.They are the same color as the rest of my tongue.I have been researching online and im not sure what it is. My friends think it is just my tastebuds. Im more skeptical than that especially after finding out i have genital warts. Im nervous and worried is this anything or nothing at all ? All the help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It could be apthous ulcers, geographic tongue or taste buds.  Oral warts are very rare, and usually only happen in immunocompromised people, such as those with AIDS.

Have your doctor or dentist look at them.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.