STDs / STIs Community

What are the odds of contracting an STD

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for about 7 months and neither one of us has ever done anything sexual with anyone else but each other, and I am absolutely positive in that statement. I am thinking about performing unprotected oral sex on him, however, I am very concerned about STDs. I'm afraid if it is possible that his mother had contracted something and chosen not to get tested for STDs during her pregnancy, and passed something onto him, and he has no idea? Would he know after 16 years that he had something, because I heard it is possible to never develop symptoms? Should I be concerned about STDs?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, no you should not be concerned as std,s are sexually transmitted.
But they can be passed down from a mother to her child, I've read that from multiple reliable sources
COMMUNITY LEADER
What your saying has no bases for concern. Pregnant women are tested for HIV and all std prior to labor.
I'm sorry to be so persistent, I've just had very bad anxiety with this, but I read that sometimes they only test if they feel the mother is at risk, and my boyfriend was the third child so i doubt she'd think she was but my fear is her husband cheating on her and she never found out. Is this irrational thinking?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.