STDs / STIs Community

bleeding in between periods

I've read that bleeding in between periods could be a sign of an STD? Do you know how pronounced this bleeding would be? Last night I got what appears to be my period--pretty normal heavy flow; however, I just ended my period two weeks ago! I am usually very regular on my cycle so this is a complete mystery to me.

I had sex a week and a half ago, but it was protected. If it were an STD, would it cause bleeding this early on?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, usual std symptoms are urethra discomfort and a white discharge. Bleeding in itself would not really be considered a symptom. You should see your Gyno about this.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.