STDs / STIs Community

canker sores and herpes

First of all thank you for reading my question....
if you have a canker sore(unknowingly) and you performed oral sex can your partner get herpes?
No cankers are not herpes. Google it and you will read about it plenty and the info will tell you what each is, explain the differences, etc. Cankers are not contagious. EB
I Have never had a cold sore.  I recently was in california and my lips got sunburnt.  A few days later, my bottom lip seemed to get a canker sore where skin peeled and dryed.  It was a round white bubble that has turned into a crater like depression.  It is a cream color now and is joined by two other similar sores all on my bottom lip where it meets with the top lip.  They have not blistered.  They are surrounded by a faint halo.  I have not kissed anyone in over 3 weeks and no one different before that then a girl that i have been with for a while.  Is this a cold sore?
It certainly sounds like a cold sore, and having them come out after a sunburn is not unusual.  Have you ever had a blood test for HSV-1?  That would rule it out if you're negative, and if you're positive, probably explain your symptoms.  Many people with HSV-1 have never had any symptoms, such as you.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.