STDs / STIs Community

clear discharge

im a young guy and have never been tested.. when i masturbate i get a clear discharge that's sticky from my penis when im fully erect or even if im not erect but just thinking about sex, and its seems to have been happening for years but not when i first started masturbating at 12 to 16 i know of precum but im not sure if this is it cause its a lot of fluid that will continually come out and its hampering my confidence, if anyone can help if this is std or if its precum can help me fix this problem id really appreciate it thanks!!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
If its only happening when you are aroused, its precum.  Have you ever had sex or oral sex?  If you haven't, then it can't be an std.

Aj
yeah ive had sex, and it happens when im thinking bout sex if i dont or do have an erection is that normal? i mean it seems like alot and when im horny but not erect, so do u know anyway to stop it?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If its normal, there's nothing to stop.  If its happening at inappropriate times, maybe try directing your thoughts away from sex.

Its a normal thing for your body to do, though.  If you are concerned, though, check things out with your doctor.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.