STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

cold sores and oral sex?

I am a 39 year old male and I recently had an encounter with a woman where we each performed some unprotected oral sex. About 36 hours after this I developed 3 pimples near my lips (right where the lips meets the skin). There were two whiteheads near each other and about by itself. I have looked at about 1000 pictures of cold sores and 95 percent of them look nothing like my sores. They looke like normal pimples and I have had no itching or pain or tingling related to them. Also they are almost healed already and I have only had them for about 48 hours. None the less I am concerned because of where they appeared and that they did so soon after the oral sex. There are no breakouts or blisters genitally at all. Should I be concerned? I am also aware that the test for HSV should be taken a few weeks after exposure correct? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
As is stated at the top of this forum, all herpes questions should be asked on the herpes forum. Any future questions you have, ask them there - thanks!

Have you ever been tested for herpes before?

These really don't sound like cold sores. Sounds like something from the irritation/friction of performing oral on a partner.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.